About ESP Properties
ESP Properties is a commercial and creative advisor for sports and entertainment rightsholders. We are a WPP company (www.wpp.com) dedicated to helping rightsholders take advantage of digital and data driven changes in the media and marketing landscape. We work with teams, leagues, federations, events, cultural institutions and non-profits to help them build stronger relationships with their customers and grow their commercial value from sponsorship, media and fans. Our range of services include consulting, sales representation and investment. We aim to put the same level of analytics, rigor and real life experience into our clients’ commercial offers as they put into other parts of their business.
We have grown quickly since our launch in May 2015 and are currently working with some of the most prestigious rightsholders around the world. We have a full time team of 100+ people based in Chicago, NY, LA, London, Singapore, Mumbai and Sao Paulo.
We are now looking for a Vice President of ESP Properties Consulting (formally IEG) based in Chicago to grow our fan analytics practice in North America. The successful candidate will work with a small team of fan analytics practitioners and work closely with our sibling agency, Two Circles (www.insidetwocircles.com), in the UK, as well as with our wider consulting team in Chicago and NY, focused on sponsorship and media consulting to integrate this capability into our business.
As a Vice President of ESP Properties Consulting practice you will take ownership of account teams to deliver high quality, effective commercial strategies with tangible results for our clients. No two projects are identical and critical thinking must be applied to each engagement. A deep understanding of digital, data (of all kinds), analytics, research, and data technology platforms is critical for this role. As is creative commercial thinking. Sponsorship and/or media background also a plus.
We’re looking for this person to help evangelize and foster a culture of precision and data-driven insights/decision-making within ESP Properties and for our rightsholder clients.
Able to engage and impress at the senior client level, the Vice President will possess a blend of the following skills:
- Track record of delivering complex, fast moving data driven commercial projects for rightsholders
- Ability to organize, manage and interpret multiple data sets/research to create deep level understanding and segmentation of audiences
- Highly capable at interpreting data and research into actionable insights that drive commercial strategies and, importantly, execution
- Strong understanding of the digital technology, platforms and media and its impact for rightsholders and sponsors
- Ability to lead teams with mixed skillsets, including data analysts and commercial strategists
- Ability to articulate (verbally and visually) ideas and commercial strategies on the back of data insight
- Can work well with other teams and agencies (i.e. with other ESP colleagues or other WPP agencies)
- Ability to work within deadline yet retain attention to detail
- Great self-starter and keen to build a practice
- Support new business pitches and help exiting clients discover new opportunities to work with us on
- Intuitive and naturally curious about marketing, sponsorships, fan engagement, digital media, sports and entertainment
- Help evolve and lead ESP Properties’ audience data, research and insights capabilities
- Collaborate with analyst team to develop cutting-edge, data-driven audience research function
- Work with Head of Consulting to evolve audience research and data sets and technology platforms to manage and analyze those
- Help ESP Properties’ clients develop solutions to create single customer view to drive insights, strategy and business value
- Create customized solutions and cutting-edge strategies for clients to increase revenue, get closer to their fans and increase brand engagement
- Lead and manage project teams across cross-functional, cross agency engagements to ensure scope of work is delivered on time and within budget
- Develop a clear understanding of clients’ business, with active levels of client contact through in-person meetings, conference calls and correspondence
- Act as subject matter expert on new business pitches including scoping, costing and vendor bids as well as creation of marketing materials
- Carry a new business revenue goal
- Develop Fan Analytics thought leadership pieces (e.g. conference sessions, webinars, whitepapers, etc)
- Support and enhance a team environment that facilitates mutual respect and partnership across functions, knowledge sharing, critical thinking, natural curiosity, strong internal communications and regular performance feedback
- Conduct quantitative research, potentially including media analysis, automated dashboard development and reporting, knowledge of social media publishing & listening tools, and/or digital analytics
- Perform qualitative research, potentially including potentially including landscape analysis and/or fact-finding research
- Serve as presenter for consulting projects, custom training sessions and industry presentations
- Remain current on sponsorship and marketing trends and best practices that impact rightsholders and the industry at large
- 8-10+ years of relevant professional experience with progressively senior, front-line experience working successfully in one or more of the following environments: blue-chip rightsholder, market research, and/or F500 brand
- Extensive experience with audience data, research and segmentation
- Data driven leader who uses available data to inform decision making and persuades others to do the same
- Ability to create audience and revenue modeling
- Experience of media and sponsorship landscape, and the latest data and tools relevant to those industries
- Significant understanding of the digital/technology landscape including industry trends, key players, terminology and overall knowledge of sponsorship/media landscape with ability to craft integrated solutions
- Exceptional client management skills, with excellent and commanding presence
- Excellent presentation skills and high level of comfort communicating deliverables across environments
- Familiarity and fluency with variety of methodologies and research tools
- Strong networking/client management skills and experience
- Superior capabilities in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint, as well as project management software
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
ESP Properties offers an attractive benefits package including competitive salary plus health benefits and a 401(K) plan. ESP Properties is an equal opportunity employer.