About ESP Properties
Formally started in May 2015, ESP Properties is GroupM’s first company dedicated to serving rightsholders from the worlds of sports and entertainment. The company, part of WPP’s media investment management division, is an evolution of IEG, GroupM ESP and Two Circles. Our mission is to help rightsholders unlock greater value from their audiences and brand partnerships and to provide access to the world’s largest brands who are looking for premium opportunities in sports and entertainment.
About ESP Properties – Chicago
ESP Properties’ Chicago office delivers customized and cutting-edge strategies, tools and counsel for a diverse collection of sports, entertainment and other properties, as well as brands. This may include sponsorship packages, digital applications and content planning, sales tools, pricing guidelines, and many other custom solutions. All of our insight reflects the depth of our practical experience, disciplined approach and ground-breaking points of view.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain research, sales and CRM databases, including but not limited to data entry, fact-checking and data quality checks
- “Own” at least one property sector (e.g. endurance sports, sailing, museums, etc.) and present findings to internal team-members and fellow interns, if applicable
- Support ESP Consulting Group client team(s) for internal and external projects
- Intern will be assigned to and play a role with a client team
- Additional support to other client-teams and consulting work, which may include:
- Participating in brainstorming and strategy sessions with consulting team
- Creating competitive intelligence reports / conduct primary and secondary research
- Analyzing information and updating the marketing and research databases
- Monitor industry sources
- Researching trends in a special interest area of marketing/sponsorship, such as: international sponsorship; media rights; licensing; merchandising; endorsements, etc.
Required Skills and Experience
The qualified candidate with have:
- Basic to intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills (e.g., working knowledge of importing/exporting, pivot table, formatting, etc.)
- Some research skills including utilizing the Internet/Google Search, LinkedIn, internal databases and or/industry publications
- Superior communication skills and ability to work independently and be self-directed
- Great attention to detail and strong commitment to accuracy
- Willingness and open-mindedness to learn, especially about sponsorship marketing and related industries
- General knowledge of marketing and current trends
During the fall quarter/semester, ESP offers non-paid/course credit internships through your university or college. At minimum, interns will commit to a part-time schedule (20 weekday hours per week). However, ESP will accommodate coursework, student-athlete/personal schedules, etc.
In addition, interns are responsible for their housing and transportation arrangements during their internship at ESP.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.